This class is addressed to Electromagnetic Simulation Analysts. The course language is English, optionally German. During this course you will tap into the CST Studio Suite interface and how to perform basic tasks in terms of modeling, setup of simulation, and analyzing pre and postprocessing results. This course will also outline the essentials of the various high frequency solvers available in CST Microwave Studio and provide a behind-the-scenes look at the FIT and FEM algorithms.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the general layout of the CST Studio Suite interface
- Generate CAD geometries within the native modeling interface
- Set up the project environment with the desired units, frequency settings, background materials and boundary conditions
- Understand the various material types that exist and how to define them
- Setup excitations using lumped elements and waveguide ports
- Setup result monitors to obtain 2D/3D field data
- Choose and set up the most appropriate solver and algorithm for high frequency applications.
- Run Time-Domain (FIT) and Frequency-Domain (FEM) simulations including parametric sweeps and optimizations.
- Analyze simulation results such as S-parameters, voltages, currents, 3D nearfields and farfields.
- Extract data from the standard result set through the use of post-processing templates
9 April 2024 (Würzburg)
18 June 2024 (Münster)
each from 9 am - 5 pm
in our training rooms
600 € plus VAT
2 weeks before the start of the event
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Here you can find a detailed overview of the seminar.
We reserve the right to cancel seminars or to limit class size based upon demand. In such cases refunds of prepaid seminar fees will be made in full. Nevertheless, we will make every effort to fulfill all scheduled training.
To help prevent class cancellation, please be sure to register at least two weeks in advance.
If a subscriber cancels a seminar reservation more than five working days before the seminar, 80% of the fee will be refunded. No refund will be given for cancellations made less than five working days before a seminar or in case of non-appearance.
Are you interested in our seminars and unfortunately cannot participate or do you have specific questions about a project or a simulation? Then you are welcome to use our offer of an individually tailored training course. Feel free to contact us.