This course is addressed to Abaqus users who mainly use third-party preprocessors and whose work requires routine editing of input files. No previous knowledge of Abaqus is necessary, but some basic knowledge of finite elements and continuum mechanics is desirable. The course language is English, optionally German.
During this course you will learn how to use both Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit to solve linear and nonlinear problems.
The course covers the following topics:
- Fundamental modelling techniques and input syntax
- Linear and nonlinear statics
- Selection of the appropriate element for your problem
- Adaptive load incrementation and convergence criteria
- Interpretation of messages issued by Abaqus
- Geometric, material and contact-induced nonlinearity
- Linear elasticity and metal plasticity
- Restarting of analyses
- Appropriate modelling for contact problems
- Eigenfrequency extraction
- Linear and nonlinear dynamics
- Model transfer between Abaqus/Explicit and Abaqus/Standard
20 - 22 February 2024
each day from 9 am - 5 pm
in our training rooms
1530 € plus VAT
2 weeks before the start of the event
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Here you can find a detailed overview of the seminar.
Please fill out the contact form. You will receive an appointment confirmation by email. Further information will be given approximately one week before the class will start.
We reserve the right to cancel seminars or to limit class size based upon demand. In such cases refunds of prepaid seminar fees will be made in full. Nevertheless, we will make every effort to fulfill all scheduled training.
To help prevent class cancellation, please be sure to register at least two weeks in advance.
If a subscriber cancels a seminar reservation more than five working days before the seminar, 80% of the fee will be refunded. No refund will be given for cancellations made less than five working days before a seminar or in case of non-appearance.
Are you interested in our seminars and unfortunately cannot participate or do you have specific questions about a project or a simulation? Then you are welcome to use our offer of an individually tailored training course. Feel free to contact us.